ABOUT THE ROLE
As a product engineer, you'll be heavily responsible for shaping the products we're building, working on the engineering team in close collaboration with our product manager, design, testing and data science teams.
- This is a full stack role. All of our engineers are comfortable writing both frontend and backend code, and can navigate a devops environment if needed. Our frontend is built with react, and we've built a component and CSS library to keep things super clean - so you won't need to be a BEM/OOCSS/SMACSS ninja.
- We believe in continuous improvement. You will be encouraged to learn new skills, both on your own and from those around you. Likewise you will be expected to impart the knowledge that you have to improve those around you.
- We have a well defined team structure (3 teams, each with their own Product Owner), and are close adherents of Scrum & Agile. We run weekly sprints.
A DAY IN THE LIFE/SOME STUFF YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Morning standup with team to outline the day's goals
- Speccing a new feature to allow our customers to transfer money into their accounts.
- Reviewing Pull Request from another developer
- Reviewing an exception recorded by Rollbar and submitting a pull request to fix it.
- Integrating a third party API to allow document signing
- Upgrading to Rails 5 and integrating real time features with ActiveCable
- Rails 5
- Testing: jest/rspec/robot
- Hosted on DigitalOcean via Cloud66
ABOUT THE FUTURE
Our long term aim is to expand beyond just short term finance, into providing a whole suite of products for small businesses. This means the opportunity to work on some super exciting products which will make a real difference to our customers.
We hope you're excited about this as we are. We look forward to hearing from you.